Friday, May 30, 2014

Game 6 - Chicago @ LA live from Ste Anne's MB: Campfire Edition

Rebecca reporting live from JenFest 2014. Watching the game with Reuben and Vanessa outside.

Doughty just scored 2 minutes ago to tie up the game 2-2. And less than 2 minutes later Martinez scores to bring it up to 3-2 LA.

Reuben declares the game over, upset, and walks away.

I am cheering for LA. My hair is down.

The rest of the crew are sitting fireside which would be the smarter option because the skeeters are horrible tonight. And they are LOVING this computer screen right now.

We ate some great meat and salads. Jen Funk is already tipsy. We've sent selfies to non-strangers. It's all okay.

10pm. The sunset was incredible tonight. Sandhill cranes whooping in the background. Shots of bourbon. Everyone is happy.

My digs for the weekend: Vanogan.
Eric and Lois walk by. Eric just cut his hair for the first time in 10 years (he looks fantastic). Lois just had to let Sue's baby go. Grandma's love babies: fact.

Smoko ate a whole chicken breast "that must have fallen off the table", according to J Funk.

"This portapotty is just like the one at work except now I have to share with other people", Vanessa. But Oduya just assists the goal to Duncan Keith and we have a tie game once again.

"They ate it up and spit it out", Bob Cole. Long live Bob Cole. 7 minutes left in the 3rd. Big thanks to Reuben for BBQing all our chicken. What a mensch.

"It's dammmmmmmmmp out", Eric. "My beer's all sweaty".

I've made some poor emotional decisions lately. All in the name of love. "Soulmate of the moment". 

Shout out to Kendra and Allan in Barcelona. Hoping for a blog view from Spain tonight.

Branden Saad on fire again tonight. Patrick Kane "aka Teen Wolf" scores 4-3 with 3 minutes left to go. "I wonder if Kendra is watching this", Vanessa. Where is Reuben?!

The wind is light, 3km/hr (southeast if I had to guess). There's a crescent moon rising.

Sorry to all the Montreal fans out there but c'mon Marty St Louis is worth cheering for.

Oh Jen Funk is here! "Where are my ladies at?!" Lois and Reuben come to check out all the commotion. Smoko, too. "I don't know how she got that chicken".

Empty net! Chicago wins! We are going to GAME SEVEN! "What a match of Titans". "Well, I guess I'm rooting for the Rangers", Nesse. Good game, great hockey. "Very good sports", Eric.

"Try and finish it off", Duncan Keith. Hockey/love analogy. Easier said than done.

Now live-blogging from the campfire.


Carl, Stan, Kevin (he's new), Kyle (has the hot tub), Smoko, Lois (Baby-snatcher), Jen, Vanessa. "I'd like to retract my last statement", someone says from across the fire.

"You guys are so sexy talking about cars right now", J Funk. "We're not talking about cars, we're talking about helicopters".

"I bought a helicopter this winter that's as big as this firepit. I screwed around with it in the living room and it ripped up everything. Now it's broken and I can't make it work any good no more", Kyle.

We're promoting our blog shamelessly right now.

Darcy and Reuben are mysteriously absent. "It's DARK", J Funk. "They're making me nervous now. What are they doing". NERVOUSTIME!

We were just treated to half price fire works.  It was incredible. "Pretty good side of the highway bus fireworks". "Compared to Steinbach?" "I thought they were at least as good as gas station fireworks".


"My life is like a Hollywood tv special."

Nervoustime Darcy. He won't pass the lighter.

Happy Jen Fest everybody. Love, Nervoustime.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! We just saw the post. We are still looking for a place to watch game seven tomorrow and miss you all. Happy JenFest! Go Hawks! Love Kendra and Alan

    ReplyDelete